Magewell Ultra Encode – HDMI
While our Ultra Stream encoders continue to be extremely popular for users with fairly straightforward live streaming needs, integrators and high-end production professionals may require advanced capabilities such as additional formats or protocols and higher bitrates. The Ultra Encode delivers these enhanced features in an exceptionally versatile platform that is ideal not only for live streaming, but also for other professional applications such as AV-over-IP and local or remote production workflows.
Ultra Encode features H.264 and H.265 (HEVC) video compression for live streaming delivery, letting users choose their preferred balance between broader viewing device compatibility and higher quality/bitrate efficiency. The new encoder also supports a flexible range of streaming protocols including RTMP, RTMPS, RTSP, RTP, HLS, and SRT (Secure Reliable Transport, developed and open-sourced by Haivision). Configurable pre-sets enable easy streaming to YouTube™ Live, Facebook™ Live, Twitch™, or custom targets, with select protocols allowing simultaneous streaming to multiple destinations using independent encoding parameters for each stream.
Combinations such as H.265 compression and the SRT protocol are ideal for remote production and contribution, enabling reliable and secure delivery of high-quality, bandwidth-efficient live streams even over unpredictable networks like the Internet.
Two initial Ultra Encode models – the Magewell Ultra Encode HDMI and Ultra Encode SDI – offer a choice of HDMI 1.4a or 3G-SDI input and loop-through interfaces. Both models can encode and stream content up to 1080p60 at bitrates up to 16Mbps, while the Ultra Encode HDMI also accepts 4K HDMI inputs, down-converting them automatically to HD. Embedded audio is complemented by analog, line-level audio input and output connections. In addition to Wi-Fi, the encoder offers an RJ-45 Gigabit Ethernet port for wired networking.
The Ultra Encode encoder can be configured and controlled through an intuitive, browser-based Web interface or programmatically via HTTP-based APIs, providing systems integrators with exceptional deployment flexibility and integration possibilities. Ultra Encode’s compact, camera-mountable metal chassis measures 4.2 inches (106.7mm) square with a height of one inch (25.4mm).
Specifications and Features
- Support for up to 4096×2160 4:4:4/4:2:2 30fps or 4096×2160 4:2:0 60fps input and loop through signals
- Support for 48KHz, 16-bit 8-channel audio streams
- Input audio from 3.5 mm LINE IN
- Dual stream encoding profiles: main stream (Max bitrate: 16Mbps) and sub stream (Max bitrate: 2Mbps)
- Support for H.264/HEVC video encoding
- Encoding 2-channel AAC at 48kHz, 16-bit
- Natively support streaming to Facebook, Twitch and YouTube
- Supported streaming protocols: RTSP/RTMP/RTMPS/SRT Caller/SRT Listener/NDI|HX2/HLS (push)/TS over UDP/TS over RTP
- Allow streaming to multiple destinations simultaneously (select protocols)
- Internet connectivity via wired Ethernet and wireless network
- Control via intuitive Web GUI or HTTP APIs