With a ruggedized metal housing, the sdi to usb capture device is suitable for all kinds of mobile video capturing settings and even for outdoors. The metal housing is quite appealing to the eye, and also helps to cool the device effectively.
The Magewell USB Capture SDI is based on UVC (USB video class), UAC ( USB audio class ) STANDARD, without having to install drivers and settings. The Magewell SDI to USB capture device provides screen brightness, contrast, hue, saturation, and other options set by DirectShow “filters” dialogue box to set these options.
USB Capture SDI Gen 2 – Flexible & Friendly Features
- Connect multiple Magewell USB Capture SDI or HDMI dongles to one machine
- Enable the up/down conversion of video resolution, frame rate and audio sampling rate
- Support brightness, contrast, hue, saturation, and other screen adjustment functions
- The HDMI video capture meets UVC standard, support YUV 4:2:2 (YUY2) or RGB 4:4:4 (RGB24) video output
- The HDMI video capture meets UAC standard and 48KHz PCM stereo audio output
- The video processing engine can be updated via firmware without changing the hardware.
- Automatically detect and de-interlace signals (sdi to usb capture device)
Short FAQs about USB Capture (Plus)
1. Which software can record 4K videos that are captured by USB Capture HDMI 4K Plus?
Magewell Capture Express, VMix, OBS, XSplit Broadcaster, Meridix Broadcast Producer, etc., support 4K video recording.
2. My computer does not have a USB 3.0 port. How can I use the USB Capture (Plus) device?
It is recommended that you purchase a USB type C to USB 3.0 adapter.
3. Is USB Capture (Plus) compatible with USB 2.0?
Yes. But the limited transmission bandwidth of USB 2.0 cannot guarantee the transmission of
high frame rate or high resolution signal.
4. Can multiple USB Capture (Plus) devices be connected on one computer?
Yes. To ensure that the bandwidth won’t be affected, make sure each USB capture device can be
connected to an independent USB 3.0 Extensible Host Controller. You can check whether your
computer has multiple independent USB 3.0 Host Controllers in Device Management.
5. Do USB Capture (Plus) devices support using a phone or tablet as a source?
Yes. Apple devices can use Lightning to HDMI cables to output screen signals. Android devices
can use MHL adapters to output screen signals.
Interface Video Engine Signal Detection & Support Software Environment
• SD/HD/3G/2K SDI x1
• Support input resolution up to 2048×1080 pixels
• USB 3.0
8-bit video processing
Color Space Conversion
Aspect Ratio Conversion
Mirror and Flip
Auto Detection of Input Signal Format
• Windows, Linux, Mac, Chrome OS
Driver and Firmware
• Driver Free, Updatable Firmware
• USB Capture Utility, Capture Express