Capture Format Setting
Set the capture resolution, frame rate and color space. If the capture format is different with the input format, the FPGA in the capture device will automatically do up/down scaling, causing 0 CPU usage. This function is especially useful when scaling by software causes much CPU burden.
Audio Volume Control
The Utility V3 can control the volume of the audio input (recording) and output (playback) of the USB capture (Plus) devices. The functions differ with models. If the system volume is changed, the parameter on the Utility V3 will also change accordingly. Users can click on the icon to quickly mute/unmute a playback/recording device.
Mirror and Flip
This function can reverse the captured image horizontally or vertically, making sure the viewer see the image in the right direction. Eg. When users use Facetime, they can easily mirror the image with the Utility V3.
EDID Editing and Importing
Users can edit and load the EDID of the capture device to support a specific input format, which is not supported by default. Eg. USB Capture HDMI 4K Plus will be able to input at 2560x1440p144 with this function.
When Internet access is available, Utility V3 automatically checks the firmware version of the capture device and the latest version on the Magewell server. When a higher version is available, Utility V3 will remind users of the update. Users can check the release notes and decide whether they need to update the firmware or not depending on their needs.
Export Diagnose Report
When asking for technical support, users don’t need to manually gather device information. Just one click, and the Utility V3 will export most of the technical information required by the Magewell support team.
Utility V3 also provide functions such as cropping, deinterlacing, device name setting, aspect ratio conversion, timing adjustment, status image setting, etc.
For detailed introduction of the settings and functions, please check the Utility V3 User Manual.
| || |
What should I do when firmware upgrade failed? Here’s the procedure if upgrade failed while upgrading the hardware version of USB Capture devices through USB Capture Utility V3:
- Make sure all the other applications are closed during upgrading.
- Make sure the device was not unpluged or operated, the computer was not shut down or rebooted during the update process.
- Click Retry repeatly. If all failed, go to the next step.
- Unplug and reconnect the device. If the device can be recognized by USB Capture Utility V3 correctly, try to upgrade again. If not or upgrade failed again, go to the next step.
- For more help, please contact our support team at email@example.com or the dealer.
| || |
Why the firmware upgrade function of Utility V3 is not available when my USB capture device is connected? Only the following capture devices support Utility V3:
- USB Capture HDMI Gen 2
- USB Capture SDI Gen 2
- USB Capture AIO
- USB Capture HDMI Plus
- USB Capture SDI Plus
- USB Capture DVI Plus
- USB Capture HDMI 4K Plus
- USB Capture SDI 4K Plus
- If your device is not listed, it cannot support firmware upgrading using Utility V3.
- If your device is listed, you need to check the Firmware version. If it is lower than 2.6.6907, the firmware upgrading of Utility V3 is not supported. Please visit www.forefrontimaging.com/downloads to download USB Capture (Plus) Family Firmware v2.6.6907 and force upgrade to v2.6.6907. Then you will be able to find Check for updates button on the Info tab of the Utility V3.