One channel 4K capture device
- Capture SD/HD/3G/2K SDI + embedded audio
- Loop-through SD/HD/3G/2K SDI
- Audio input via Line in
- Extract SDI embedded audio & output via Line out
Magewell USB Capture SDI 4K Plus The new USB Capture SDI 4K Plus captures 4K video at 30 frames per second over its 6Gbps SDI interface. 4K inputs with 4:4:4 or 4:2:2 color sampling are automatically converted to 4:2:0 for capture in the NV12 or I420 color space formats, to fit within the bandwidth available in the USB 3.0 standard.
Like existing Magewell USB video ingest solutions, the newest USB Capture Plus models enable all types of computers including laptops to capture professional video and audio signals through a standard USB 3.0 interface, with no additional power source required. Available with SDI or HDMI inputs, the 4K USB Capture Plus devices capture resolutions up to 4096x2160, including 3840x2160 Ultra HD.
Both models offer loop-through connections, reducing workflow costs and complexity by enabling source signals to be sent simultaneously to additional displays or equipment without the need for external splitters or routers. This cost-effective convenience combines with the devices' rich feature set and extensive compatibility to make them ideal for both end-user applications and as 'glue' solutions for systems integrators implementing complete 4K projects.
Both new 4K USB Capture Plus devices support embedded audio in the SDI or HDMI input signal, as well as separate audio inputs and outputs for capture and monitoring: line-level analog input and output connections on the USB Capture SDI 4K Plus.
The new 4K USB Capture SDI Plus device features FPGA-based video processing, providing high-quality deinterlacing, up/down conversion and image controls while maximizing CPU availability for third-party software. FPGA-based audio processing featuring ASRC technology delivers superior USB audio handling, while the included USB Capture Utility software gives users advanced control of processing settings and access to detailed status information.
The USB Capture SDI 4K Plus support Windows, Mac and Linux operating systems, and offer broad compatibility with popular streaming, encoding, live production, collaboration, video conferencing and lecture capture software.
These new external devices are the latest Magewell offerings that support the growing demand for 4K capture. Multiple models in the company's Pro Capture family of PCIe cards capture full-resolution 4K video at up to 60fps from a flexible choice of input interfaces.
Capture Format Setting
Set the capture resolution, frame rate and color space. If the capture format is different with the input format, the FPGA in the capture device will automatically do up/down scaling, causing 0 CPU usage. This function is especially useful when scaling by software causes much CPU burden.
Audio Volume Control
The Utility V3 can control the volume of the audio input (recording) and output (playback) of the USB capture (Plus) devices. The functions differ with models. If the system volume is changed, the parameter on the Utility V3 will also change accordingly. Users can click on the icon to quickly mute/unmute a playback/recording device.
Utility V3 also provide functions such as cropping, deinterlacing, device name setting, aspect ratio conversion, timing adjustment, status image setting, etc.
For detailed introduction of the settings and functions, please check the Utility V3 User Manual.
- Windows 7/8/8.1/10/2008/2008 R2/2012 (x86 & x64)
- Linux (Ubuntu 12.04–16.10, CentOS 7)
- OS X 10.9–10.11
- macOS 10.12
- DirectShow / Wave API/DirectSound/WASAPI
- OS X/macOS
- QuickTime / AV Foundation
- VLC, VirtualDub, OBS, XSplit, vMix, VidBlaster, Wirecast, Microsoft Media Encoder, Adobe Flash Media Encoder, Any other DirectShow, V4L2, QuickTime,AV Foundation based encoding or streaming software
- 3.5mm audio jack
- unbalanced Line In interface
- USB 3.0
- compatible with USB 2.0
- compatible with USB 3.1 Gen 1
- 3.5mm audio jack
- unbalanced Line Out interface
- SDI loop-through interface
- Support for up to 4096×2160 input resulution
|SDI Specific Features|
- Integrated cable equalizer supporting cable lengths up to 150M for 3G-SDI signals
- Support for SD/HD/3Ga/3Gb/3Ga-DL/3Gb-DS/6G (SMPTE 2081) standards
- Support for 2K (2048×1080) & 4K (4096×2160) mode
- Support for RGB 4:4:4, YCbCr 4:4:4, YCbCr 4:2:2 color sampling
- Support for 10/12-bit color depth
- Support for extraction of SMPTE 352 payload identifier
- Support for up to 8 (mono) audio channels at 48KHz
- Support for extraction of audio formation information & channel status data
- Limited support of 3Gb-DS: only the first stream can be captured
- Limited support for capture of the first link of dual link interfaces:
- YCbCr 4:2:2 10-bit 1080p 50/59.94/60: captured as 1080i 50/59.94/60
- YCbCr 4:4:4 10-bit: captured as 4:2:2
- RGB 4:4:4: R/B sub-sampled
|Analog Audio Features|
- Extract the embedded SDI audio and output via 3.5mm unbalanced Line out
- Capture analog audio via 3.5 mm unbalanced Line In interface
|Video Capture format|
- Support for capture resolutions up to 4096×2160
- Support for output frame rates up to 120fps. (Actual output frame rate can be limited by the USB bandwidth.)
- Support for NV12 & l420 4:2:0 8-bit
- Support for YUY2 & UYVY4:2:2 8-bit
- Support for RGB24 & RGB32 4:4:4 8-bit
- The default are YUY2 & NV12 output formats. More capture format can be set using USB Capture Utility
|Video Processing Features|
- Video processing pipelines with 640 Mpixels/s processing bandwidth
- Video cropping
- Video scaling
- Video de-interlacing
- Blend top & bottom field
- Top field only
- Bottom field only
- Video aspect ratio conversion
- Auto or manual selection of input aspect ratio
- Auto or manual selection of output aspect ratio
- Three aspect ratio conversion modes: Ignore (Anamorphic), Cropping or Padding (Letterbox or Pillarbox)
- Video color format conversionVideo frame rate conversion
- Auto or manual selection of input color format & quantization range
- Auto or manual selection of output color format, quantization range & saturation range
- Support for RGB, YCbCr 601, YCbCr 709 color formats
- Support for Limited or Full quantization range
- Support for Limited, Full & ‘Extended gamut’ saturation range
- Vertical flip and mirror
|Multiple devices on one computer|
- Support for connecting multiple USB devices to one system
- Support for setting the device serial number as the device name shown in the system using USB Capture Utility
- The USB Capture SDK provide functions including signal status extraction, capture configuration, etc.
- Multiple devices in one system can be upgraded simultaneously
- Status LEDs indicate the working state of each channel: idle, input signal locked, memory failed or FPGA configuration failed.
- 110.7mm (L) x 40.2mm (W) x 12.3mm (H)
- 5V max current: ~0.86A
- max power consumption： ~4.3W
- Operating temperature: 0 to 50 deg C
- Storage temperature: –20 to 70 deg C
- Relative Humidity: 5% to 90% non-condensing
USB Capture Utility